Sunday, 18 June 2017

Intense relationship with relatives


Merhaba! In this morning, relative called us and invited for dinner.





This was one of culture shocks since I married Turkish man. In Turkey, the relationship with relative is much closer than people think. At summer home, almost every night, relatives invite each other and gather in one place and spend time together until midnight. First time, when I was invited at night, I was wondering isn't it rude if we stay at their home until late night, but I realised it is more rude if I don't stay longer and enjoy conversation. Turkish people love to chat with Çay ( Black tea with sugar ). 





I thought this frequently meeting with relatives can only be happened during summer vacation period. However, this is normal thing here in Turkey. They have lots of interesting things to talk. Spending nights with Turkish people never make me bored.



No comments:

Post a Comment